Monday, July 19, 2010

Gateway Finish

Ok after the finish in the Nationwide series at Gateway on Saturday night, here is my take....

Although what Carl did was unnecessary, it can be argued that both incidents this year he's had with Brad have looked much worse than they usually would've been (and therefore people have scorned Carl because of it). In the Atlanta crash, Brad happened to go airborne, and in this one he was t-boned in the pileup. I mean, that was a wicked hard hit Brad took by Shelby Howard on the final lap. Good thing he's ok.....like I said, I'm not saying what Carl did was right, but both crashes have happened to be bad, and therefore people have taken a strong stance against Edwards.

Kinda reminds me of Jamie Mac and Todd Bodine at Darlington in the Busch race in March 2003. Que Ball got loose trying to block Jamie, and spun both cars out, with Bodine coming out the victor. If not for the late race caution, the same exact thing would have happened. Again, I'm not saying what Carl or Todd did was right, fair, or good; I'm just saying that people sort of blow it out of proportion because the crash is bad.

On another note, the battle for the championship is starting to look rather exciting. Like Edwards in 2007, Keselowski could have a second-half "slump". I have a feeling Carl and Brad will be racing hard until the final lap at Homestead to win this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment