Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Indy/Edmonton/Germany

Brickyard 400

I'll start with the Brickyard 400: Seeing Jamie McMurray win two big races this year is awesome. He seems like a classy individual, and now that he's back with Ganassi, it's good to see him win races, even though he's still a long shot for the Chase.



The call for four tires on the #42 car was so stupid, in my opinion. Now, I'm not a big Montoya fan, but I think he is deserving of a Brickyard win, or any win in that case. But I think it's a known fact that other teams will try two tires, in order to gain track position. Montoya's crew chief, Brian Pattie, called for four, so they restarted seventh on the restart, and Juan wasn't able to make up any spots and eventually wrecked the car. I know they can win at Indy, but they don't deserve it when they make stupid calls like that.....Oh, and when Juan crashed, who else was involved? Why, who else then Dale Jr.? It's not his fault, but Junior got collected with Montoya, and I'm not surprised.

Coming into this race, Chip Ganassi had a chance to be the first owner to win the Daytona 500, Indianapolis 500, and Brickyard 400 all in one year. And whatya know, he did it! I thought Juan was gonna be the driver to put him into the history book, but Jamie Mac really came through.

Honda Indy Edmonton:

What a bad call. I mean, the replay shows Helio Castroneves making a slight turn to the left to keep Will Power at bay. They disqualified him for blocking??? I mean, I know this is the IndyCar series, where rules are different, and if guys block, they might touch wheels and crash, but in the end, it's RACING! If I was Helio, I would block the other driver to keep my lead. What the hell, IndyCar!?!

By the way, Helio was piiiiiiissed. I mean, that boy was ready to fuckin brawl!

Santander Grand Prix of Germany:

Now, I understand the reasoning behind Ferrari's call to Felippe Massa to relinquish his lead to teammate Fernando Alonso with 19 to go at Hockenheim, but what I don't understand is why Felippe did it....Even though Alonso may have had the faster car, you don't just give it to him. Again, this situation goes back to RACING. It's racing, you have to earn a victory. Sure it helped Alonso in the points, but c'mon!

Good to see Lewis Hamilton still leading the points. I think he'll win the title again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment